Monday, March 16, 2009

CHIGAGO here we are ...

I finally made it after a flight of almost 12 boring hours - WE arrived ... OK, I have to admit, there is a tiny travel compagnion with me (his name is Jumbo III and he asked for joining only on Saturday evening) ... we are here in the city of Al Capone, the Chicago Bulls and of course the Chicago Blues.

The evening was a big surprise. I expected - also on Sunday - a busy town but I had to change my mind. After I arrived around 6pm my hotel (by the way: highly recommendable: cheap and good: Holiday Inn Express) I strolled around in town but ALL shops were closed! When I asked what happend I got the comment: it's Sunday!!!! What about the 'we're in 24 hours' attitude of the past??? What so ever: the town is clean and shows a brilliant mixture of old and new. New skyscrapers are combined with old, somehow tiny houses and it gives this town a very nice atmosphere!!

Where to go for Dinner??? There is one favorite place to do so - a place where music is at home: Hard Rock Cafe Chicago!!! OK, business is there as usual and when you have seen 20 before it's not special anymore but it's the perfect start....

Let's see what comes next! I am curious and I fear, this will be again a very, very long day... (hopefully I will be able to send fotos in the next posts ..... - this PC here doesn't allow any uploads).

CU
gue

No comments:

Post a Comment