Friday, March 27, 2009

Time to say goodbye




It's time to say goodbye and I forgot how much I hate these last days of holidays where you think that you can do so much but at the end your head is already at the airport.

The whole night we had heavy thunderstorms and the bad weather conditions and due to this I entered earlier to the airport from where I write a first summary of these holidays.

It was one of my dreams to travel from Chicago to New Orleans only to listen to music and to increase my knowledge about these music styles. I am happy that I finally did it and I know now that it was worth dreaming of it!! During these two weeks I got a lot of new ideas for new trips, I learned a lot and I discovered how unsatisfying my knowledge in American history is. Nevertheless I enjoyed these great places mainly in Chicago, Memphis, the Delta and finally in New Orleans, my interest in Country remains limited (except Country rock like Neil Young, Greatful Dead, Eagles, Poco, ...). 

I have to do some parts again in the upcoming years - especially with the Delta and New Orleans I am not done! This town is large and I didn't see too much. Only today I realized that in Frenchmen Street - outside the French quarter there are additional clubs, mainly jazz-oriented. Prominent names are performing there ... not in the last days but generally, I didn't do a riverboat tour, I have to see the NEW Jazz Museum (opening only in 2010), I didn't investigate further on Voodoo, Mardi Gras and I still insist on my dinner on the balcony .... The task here should be to escape the mainstream of NO and to find the 'real town'.

So, my plane to Chicago where I get my connection to Istanbul! These holidays are over, there are so many impressions I still have to sort, check some details, a lot to do (selecting photos, listening to the new music and films I will bring with me, summarizing the details I didn't mention in the blog). This will keep me busy the next weekends. 

This was my first blog and I hope you liked it. I am still unexperienced in it but I hope that it was despite the long texts and the few photos entertaining. If you are interested in following on of the next trips just let me know and I will inform you in time!

Bye and see you all soon.

Guenter

No comments:

Post a Comment